Qualifying your movie as British underneath the cultural check for movie means you’ll be able to entry UK movie tax aid. It can be one of many standards wanted to use to the BFI Movie Fund.
See the complete standards for UK artistic business tax reliefs.
The check is points-based and the undertaking might want to obtain 18 out of 35 factors to go.
It includes 4 sections:
- cultural content material (as much as 18 factors)
- cultural contribution (as much as 4 factors)
- cultural hubs (as much as 5 factors)
- cultural practitioners (as much as 8 factors)
Abstract of factors – cultural check for movie
Apply for interim certification at any level earlier than or throughout manufacturing so as to declare movie tax aid whereas nonetheless in manufacturing.
A closing utility should be submitted as soon as the movie is full and able to be seen by an viewers. The applying kind beneath can be utilized for each interim and closing certification.
Please learn the steerage notes earlier than making an utility.
See the supporting paperwork part beneath for additional info.
To use for closing certification you need to full a brand new kind, even if in case you have beforehand accomplished an interim utility.
The BFI requires extra supporting materials to finish its evaluation of your utility.
These could be connected to your on-line utility kind:
- taking pictures script
- synopsis or therapy of the screenplay
- taking pictures schedule
- manufacturing finances (interim) or closing value report (closing)
- A duplicate of the chain of title [only if applying for points under section A3(b)]
- copy of the finished movie (closing)
- accountant’s report (closing – provided that making use of for factors in sections C and D)
A printed copy of your utility with a accomplished statutory declaration should be despatched to us to ensure that us to start our evaluation. Digital statutory declarations should not accepted.
The applying kind with the statutory declaration and any supporting paperwork that may’t be submitted on-line should be despatched to:
The Certification Unit
British Movie Institute
21 Stephen Road
London W1T 1LN
To debate your undertaking, contact Anna Mansi, BFI Head of Certification, on +44 (0)20 7173 3214 or electronic mail [email protected]