Political specialists and strategists be part of the John Brademas Heart and the Brennan Heart for a collection of dialogues to debate President Biden’s agenda, the present state of the GOP, looking forward to the 2024 presidential election, and the present political landscape in Washington.
Produced partiallynership with New York College’s John Brademas Heart
2:00 PM Welcome & Introductions
Welcome to NYU DC / Kari Miller, NYU DC Program Director
Introduction to Inside American Politics and Participants / Ellyn Toscano, Advisory Board Member, John Brademas Heart of NYU
2:10 PM Panel One: “The Biden Agenda: Bridging Democratic Coverage Divisions Between Progressives and Moderates”
When Democrats gained the White Home and management of Congress in 2020 (albeit narrowly), progressives hoped to cross landmark legislation to deal with local weather change, infrastructure wants, and a significant expansion of the social security web, when it comes to well being care, baby care, and education from pre-Okay to group school. A handful of moderates has been successful in downsizing these plans. Will this be a assist or a hindrance for the get together within the mid-term election? How do the Democrats transfer their agenda ahead?
- Moderator: Kiki McLean
- Panelists: Karen Finney, John Anzalone, Jonathan Martin
3:20 PM Panel Two: “The Grand Previous Occasion (GOP): How Donald Trump Modified The Republican Occasion in His Picture”
For generations, the Republican Occasion ruled and campaigned on a pro-business, free market, restricted government agenda. For the reason that 2020 election, Republicans have coalesced round a really different set of insurance policies superior throughout the Trump presidency: extra populisting and protectionist and fewer fiscally conservative. Going into the midterm elections, are we prone to see any change within the Republican Occasion’s agenda or technique? If the 2022 election is a referendum on the Biden presidency, what can we anticipate in 2024?
- Moderator: Betsy Fischer Martin
- Panelists: Elise Jordan, Joel Benenson, Michael Steele
4:30 PM Panel Three: “Looking Forward to the 2024 Presidential Election and the Points That Will Drive the Electorate”
What are the problems that can motivate the electorate within the subsequent presidential election? Who will the candidates be: Trump vs Biden? Can we anticipate primaries in both or each events? Will Black voters determine the Democratic nominee in 2024? Who runs, who wins and why?
- Moderator: Lisa Benenson
- Panelists: Doug Thornell, Stephanie Cutter, Rob Collins
5:30 PM Closing Remarks & Thank You
Closing Remarks and Thank You / Lynne Brown, Executive Director, John Brademas Heart of NYU
- John Anzalone, Halfner, ALG Analysis
- Joel Benenson, Founder and CEO, Benenson Technique Group
- Lisa Benenson, Vice President for Communications and Technique, Brennan Heart for Justice
- Rob Collins, Halfner, S-3 Public Affairs
- Stephanie Cutter, Discovereding Halfner, Precision Methods, and Former Deputy Marketing campaign Supervisor and Senior Advisor to President Obama
- Karen Finney, Democratic Strategist and Political Remarkator for CNN
- Elise Jordan, Political Analyst, NBC and MSNBC; Contributor, Time
- Kevin Madden, Executive Vice President, Advocacy, Arnold Ventures
- Betsy Fischer Martin, Executive Director, Girls & Politics Institute, American University and Former Executive Producer of “Meet the Press”
- Jonathan Martin, Nationwide Political Correspondent, The New York Occasions
- Kiki McLean, Walton Household Political and Communications Workplace
- Michael Steele, Former RNC Chairman, Former Lt. Governor of Maryland
- Doug Thornell, Halfner, SKDK