U.S. Residents, U.S. Nationals, and U.S. Lawful Everlasting Residents
The Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order do not apply to U.S. residents, U.S. nationals, or U.S. lawful everlasting residents (Inexperienced Card holders).
For added info on actions to take earlier than, throughout, and after worldwide journey, go to Worldwide Journey: Info for U.S. Residents, U.S. Nationals, Lawful Everlasting Residents, and Immigrants.
Immigrants and Different Non-affected Individuals
The Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order do not apply to immigrants (together with Particular Immigrant Visa holders). An immigrant is any non-U.S. citizen who has a visa listed in “Immigrant Visa Classes” on the U.S. Division of State’s webpage Listing of Visa Classesexterior icon; it doesn’t embody Okay nonimmigrant visa holders, who’re Lined People (see beneath).
The Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order haven’t any impact on a number of non-U.S. residents, together with:
- Non-U.S. residents eligible for asylum;
- Non-U.S. residents eligible for withholding of removing;
- Non-U.S. residents eligible for cover underneath the rules issued pursuant to the laws implementing the Conference In opposition to Torture and Different Merciless, Inhuman or Degrading Remedy or Punishment;
- Non-U.S. residents admitted to the US as refugeesexterior icon;
- Individuals with a visa 92 or 93 (Comply with-to-Be part of) standing; and
- Non-U.S. residents granted parole into the US.
NOTE: Sure classes of non-U.S. residents, together with immigrant visa candidates/holders, refugees, parolees, and asylees, and people searching for to enter the US by land or sea journey could also be topic to separate COVID-19 vaccination necessities. These people are suggested to seek the advice of and turn out to be conversant in all relevant U.S. necessities for entry.
For added info on earlier than, throughout, and after worldwide journey, go to Worldwide Journey: Info for U.S. Residents, U.S. Nationals, Lawful Everlasting Residents, and Immigrants.
Air Crew Members
The Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order don’t apply to crew members of airways or different plane operators whereas on official responsibility standing if such crewmembers and operators adhere to all business commonplace protocols for the prevention of COVID-19 as set forth in related steering for crewmember well being issued by the CDC or by the Federal Aviation Administration in coordination with the CDC. Please see the Technical Directions for extra info.
Plane Operators/ Airways/ Crew
For added info, assets, and FAQs please go to the next webpages:
Noncitizens, Nonimmigrants (Lined People)
Noncitizens who’re nonimmigrants and searching for to enter the US by air are required to point out proof of being absolutely vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 earlier than boarding a flight to the US from a international nation.
In case you are not absolutely vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19, you’ll NOT be allowed to board a flight to the US, except you meet the factors for an exception underneath the Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order. A booster dose isn’t wanted to fulfill this requirement.
Classes of noncitizen nonimmigrants that meet the factors for an exception underneath the Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order embody:
- Individuals on diplomatic or official international authorities journey
- Kids underneath 18 years of age
- Individuals with documented medical contraindications to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
- Members in sure COVID-19 vaccine trials
- Individuals issued a humanitarian or emergency exception
- Individuals with legitimate visas [excluding B-1 (business) or B-2 (tourism) visas] who’re residents of a international nation with restricted COVID-19 vaccine availability (See record efficient as of April 14, 2022)
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or their spouses or youngsters (underneath 18 years of age)
- Sea crew members touring with to a C-1 and D nonimmigrant visa
- Individuals whose entry could be within the nationwide curiosity, as decided by the Secretary of State, Secretary of Transportation, or Secretary of Homeland Safety (or their designees)
In case you journey by air to the US underneath one in every of these exceptions, you’ll be required to attest that you’re excepted from the requirement to current Proof of Being Absolutely Vaccinated In opposition to COVID-19 primarily based on one of many exceptions listed above. Based mostly on the class of the exception, chances are you’ll additional be required to attest that:
- You’ll be examined with a COVID-19 viral take a look at 3–5 days after arrival in the US, except you have got documentation of getting recovered from COVID-19 prior to now 90 days;
- You’ll self-quarantine for a full 5 days, even when the take a look at consequence to the post-arrival viral take a look at is damaging, except you have got documentation of getting recovered from COVID-19 prior to now 90 days; and
- You’ll self-isolate if the results of the post-arrival take a look at is constructive or in the event you develop COVID-19 signs.
Relying on the class of the exception, in the event you intend to remain in the US for longer than 60 days you might also be required to attest that
- You conform to be vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19; and
- You have got organized to turn out to be absolutely vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 inside 60 days of arriving in the US, or as quickly thereafter as is medically acceptable.
For extra details about what every exception class has to attest to, see the attestationpdf icon.
A guardian or different approved particular person ought to attest on behalf of a passenger underneath 18 years previous. A certified particular person might attest on behalf of any passenger who’s unable signal their very own attestation (e.g., as a result of they’re too younger, or due to bodily or psychological impairment). Kids underneath 2 years of age don’t want to finish an attestation. As required by United States federal legislation, all airways or different plane operators will present and acquire the passenger attestation on behalf of the U.S. Authorities.
In case you are a noncitizen nonimmigrant and are absolutely vaccinated, make certain your vaccine and proof of vaccination are acceptable to board a flight to the US.
For added info on suggestions and necessities earlier than and through journey to the US and after arriving in the US, go to Non-U.S. citizen Non-U.S. immigrants: Air Journey to the US